Sunday 14 December 2014

Streetlights

The streetlights flicker like candles and I catch a glimpse of your smile. It's just not the usual kind, the kind I loved growing up to. It's dark and I don't want to know why, I don't want to know what pleases you now. It's getting harder and harder for me to think of you as the sister I've bled so much for. I don't want to think about what's going on in that head of yours, but the thing is I know you too well, always did. Know the signs, the shift in your voice, the movement of your  eyes. And right now I almost wish that you were a stranger. A stranger so it wouldn't hurt when I did it. It wouldn't hurt me so fucking much when I put that knife in your chest and watch you bleed, with all the disgust I  have for monsters who live. Yeah streetlights are better that white lights. I don't have to see too much.

No comments:

Post a Comment